COVID-19 in India: Live Updates
This page tracks cases of coronavirus in India, based on the data released daily by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare at 08:30 IST for the previous 24 hours.
June 7, 2021 – In his speech today, PM Modi announced that the Union Government will procure 75 percent of the vaccines produced in the country and provide them to the states free of cost for all above 18 years starting June 21.
- 25 percent of all vaccines will continued to be administered through private hospitals
- Delhi recorded 231 new cases, lowest since March 2, and 36 deaths in a day; the positivity rate dipped to 0.36 percent.
- India reported 100,636 new COVID-19 cases, 2,427 deaths in the last 24 hours. Active cases in the country are at 1,401,609.
June 4, 2021 – India reported 132,364 fresh COVID-19 cases and 2,713 fatalities, pushing the country’s tally to 28,574,350. The death toll has reached 340,702. Active cases are at 1,635,993. Total recoveries are at 26,597,655.
- Telangana’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 32,579; recoveries: 549,579; fatalities: 3,331. The total COVID caseload has reached 585,489.
- Andhra Pradesh’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 138,912; recoveries: 1,578,452; fatalities: 11,213. The total COVID caseload has reached 1,728,577.
- Tamil Nadu’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 280,426; recoveries: 1,866,660; fatalities: 25,665. The total COVID caseload has reached 2,172,751.
- Gujarat’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 24,404; recoveries: 778,976; fatalities: 9,890. The total COVID caseload has reached 813,270.
- Haryana’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 12,688; recoveries: 738,799; fatalities: 8,532. The total COVID caseload has reached 760,019.
- Karnataka’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 286,819; recoveries: 2,336,096; fatalities: 30,531. The total COVID caseload has reached 2,653,446.
- Maharashtra’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 207,813; recoveries: 5,486,206; fatalities: 97,394. The total COVID caseload has reached 5,791,413.
- Delhi’s COVID-19 status – active cases: 8,748; recoveries: 1,394,731; fatalities: 24,447. The total COVID caseload has reached 1,427,926.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 224,109,448.
June 3, 2021 – India reported 134,154 new COVID-19 cases and 2,887 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- Total caseload is now 28,441,986. Active cases: 1,713,413; discharged cases: 26,390,584; death toll: 337,989.
- Norms for clearing foreign-made COVID-19 vaccines eased by DCGI
- Total vaccine doses administered: 221,043,693.
June 2, 2021 – India recorded 132,788 new cases of COVID-19 and 3,207 deaths in the last 24 hours. The national caseload is now at 28,307,832. Active cases: 1,793,645; discharged cases: 26,179,085; death toll: 335,102.
- CBIC notifies IGST waiver for COVID vaccines, remdesivir injections and its raw materials, and other associated medical supplies till end of August 2021. Imports of drug Amphotericin B, which is used for the treatment of mucormycosis (black fungus) is also exempted from IGST till end-August 2021.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 218,546,667.
June 1, 2021 – India reported 127,510 cases over the past 24 hours, the lowest daily rise since April 8 this year; fatalities increased by 2,795. Total caseload reaches 28,175,044, including 1,895,520 active cases, 25,947,629 discharged cases, and 331,895 deaths.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 216,046,638.
May 31, 2021 – India reported 152,734 fresh cases in 24 hours, bringing the total COVID-19 case tally to 28,047,534. The death toll is now at 329,100 with 3,128 new fatalities recorded. Active caseload is at 2,026,092; total discharged cases 25,692,342.
- Delhi extends curfew till June 7; allows construction and manufacturing industries to operate in designated industrial areas. This has been done to slow the virus transmission.
- Total vaccine doses administered: 213,154,129.
Managing your India business during COVID-19
We are also tracking the pandemic in other major regions as well as provide business advisory for China and ASEAN.
China coronavirus updates
Indian businesses with operations in China should follow our China coronavirus advisory here.
Asia coronavirus updates
Indian businesses with operations in ASEAN countries should follow our Asia coronavirus advisory here.
Complimentary business subscription
To subscribe to our India and other Asia Briefing services, free of charge, please click here.
India Briefing is produced by Dezan Shira & Associates. The firm assists foreign investors throughout Asia from offices across the world, including in Delhi and Mumbai. Readers may write to email@example.com for more support on doing business in in India.
We also maintain offices or have alliance partners assisting foreign investors in Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Italy, Germany, and the United States, in addition to practices in Bangladesh and Russia.